In 1925 …Dr. Fred Albee organized the Venice-Nokomis Chamber of Commerce with 48 Charter Members.
In 1936 …The community constructed the Chamber’s first free-standing building on land donated by the city at
Venice Avenue and US 41. Membership numbered 200.
In 1952 …Florida’s real estate boom hit Venice, and South Venice was created. To serve the growing community, the Chamber was reorganized and renamed the Venice Area Chamber of Commerce.
In 1954 …The Chamber sold lots in South Venice for W & A Construction Company at a cost of $10 down and $200 total, with a minimum purchase of two lots. In less than a year, 13,000 lots had been sold by mail, sight unseen, to
In 1962 …Mrs. Robert Baynard donated three acres of land on theIntracoastal Waterway, near the Hatchett Creek bridge, and a brand new Chamber building was completed with generous community donations and a small mortgage.
In 1986 …The Chamber building was completely renovated and the Chamber received national recognition from the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, joining only ten percent of the nation’s chambers in earning accreditation status.
In 1996 …The Chamber received its 10-year reaccreditation.
In 2003 …The Chamber completed construction of its new building located at 597 Tamiami Trail South.
In 2004 …The Chamber was reaccredited by the US Chamber of Commerce
In 2014 …The Chamber invests in green technology with solar panels, and starts complete tech upgrade.