Pay it Forward Biz Tips
Who Can Submit?
Chamber community partners
Member Tip / Dynamic Submission Guidelines
The collective experience of our Venice Area Chamber (VACC) members is a resource unto itself. Along with navigating the many resources available on our website, your thoughts and guidance pay it forward to those looking to grow and succeed, people like you! We encourage you to take this opportunity to demonstrate your expertise with this micro-blog. Guest blogging is an ideal way to get even more out of your membership. Boost your networking power at Chamber events with this great icebreaker. Build your reputation as an authority among your peers. We welcome your submission, but ask that you first review these guidelines:
Who Can Submit?
- Chamber members
- Chamber community partners
- Government organizations
Quality Requirements: The perfect post is not about your business, your products, or your services, but your valuable insights into any subject matter relating to what goes into running a business. It could be about one of the resource links provided. Share your knowledge, informing readers about the positive impact that resource provides. Perhaps stories and experiences expressed in a blog can be an inspiration. Your goal is to demonstrate relevant value beyond general knowledge. Topical, curated content may be referenced but should not dominate the post.
It is not a term paper, so it is best written in a conversational style. Read your post aloud. Does it sound like something you would say when talking to another member?
- Micro-Blog length: 150-200 words (including URL)
- Micro-Blog teaser post length: 150-300 characters (including spaces & URL)
- Title/Headline: No more than 40-60 characters in length (including spaces)
- Content Sourcing: Include links for attribution when needed. Posts referencing fresh rather than curated content will need that content to be resident in some other online location (not the VACC website or social media pages) and accessed via link to VACC.
- Guest Micro-Blog Author Bio: Approximately 50 words. May include link to your company website.
- Guest Micro-Blog Author Headshot: Provide a 300 x 300 pixel image (file formats)
- Send text content as MS Word or text files along with approved-for-use digital image via email attachment. (VACC is not responsible for tracking licenses for images.)
- Links may be shortened to meet space requirements at the discretion of the VACC.
- Hash Tags: Guest Blogger to select all that apply from the following VACC Marketing List:
- Financing and Raising Capital
- Sales, Marketing, Social Media
- Start a Business
- Business/Financial Planning and Management
- Government Requirements, Taxes, Insurance, Legal Issues
- Innovation, Technology, eCommerce
- Human Resources, Employee Management
- Growing, Buying, Selling, Franchising or Exiting a Business
- International Trade, Import, Export
- Home-Based Business
- Other (be specific)
- Resource Content URL formats: Articles, Blog Posts, E-Guides, Podcasts, Infographics, Templates, Checklists, Tools, Videos, online workshops/seminars (recorded/archived), Lunch & Learn Speaker Slide Presentations/audio or video recordings.
Promotion and Readership: The VACC Marketing Director will determine specific channel(s). They may include website, VACC email/newsletter, VACC social media company pages. We encourage guest bloggers to distribute their post through their digital marketing channels.
- No self-promotion or sales pitches
- VACC reserves the right to refuse to publish a submission or edit posts
- You must be a VACC member in good standing. Submissions by non-member Community Partner/Government Organizations require VACC approval.
Submission Approvals and Storage: Organization approved submissions are submitted to the VACC Business and Professional Development Committee for quality review and compliance with guidelines and then recommended to the VACC Marketing Director for website implementation. While we encourage submissions without limit, the VACC will select what is published. Approved content (text, visual, links) will be placed into an internal VACC library repository.
Thank you for your willingness to share your time and talent!
“Paying it Forward is Good for Business!”
SEND COMPLETED FORMS TO: email@example.com
PAY IT FORWARD BIZ TIPS PROVIDERS:
By submitting a Pay It Forward Biz Tips, I understand that under no circumstance shall the Venice Area Chamber of Commerce assume any liability to you for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use or reliance on any information provided on the site or your own third party websites.